Gelsemium sempervirens (Gels.) for Athletes and Sports Injury
- #1 anticipation anxiety remedy.
- For the shocked feeling where you can’t move – from hearing bad news, over excitement, bad grades, etc.
- Lethargy, dullness, weakness.
- Desire to be quiet, to be left alone; avoid people and distress of life in this emotional state.
- Stage fright, fear of exams or sporting events. Feels paralyzed.
- Mentally dull, weak, forgetful.
- Gelsemium is also used to treat acute influenza (flu) or sore throats, with weakness, limp and heavy limbs, chills, fever, headaches with double vision. Heavy, drooping eyelids. Sleepiness. There is a lack of thirst if a fever.
- Gelsemium is the #1 remedy for fear of the dentist!
- Worse in damp weather, fog
- Worse in spring (flu seaseon), before a thunderstorm
- Worse about 10 a.m. and worse when thinking of ailments.
Quick Facts About Gelsemium Sempervirens
- Plant remedy made from yellow jasmine.
- The homeopathic tincture is made from the bark of the root.
- The curative power of Gelsemium was accidentally discovered in 1860 when a Mississippi farmer was mistakenly given an infusion of the root to heal bilious fever.
- In its homeopathic form, Gelsemium has treated many influenza cases of the past century and provides relief from flu-like symptoms.