Recommended Dose of Zinc (picolinate) for Athletes
“Zinc helps you think!”
Dose: 30 mg per day, with food in the morning.
Why Should Athletes Supplement with Zinc (piconolinate)?
- A daily intake of zinc is required to maintain a steady state because the body has no specialized zinc storage system.
- Zinc picolinate is the most bioavailable form of zinc and is the one we recommend to athletes, for best aborption.
- Zinc is an essential mineral that is naturally present in some foods, added to others and is available as a dietary supplement.
- Zinc is involved in numerous aspects of cellular metabolism and is required for the catalytic activity of 200+ enzymes!
- It plays a role in immune function protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis and cell division.
- Zinc supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood and adolescence.
- It is required for growth, proper sense of taste and smell, skin repair, wound healing as well as optimal brain and neurotransmitter function.
- Copper in high amounts is toxic and it displaces and lowers zinc, so supplementation of zinc helps to keep copper in proper balance.