Head Concussions and Homeopathy
Head injury or concussion can be a serious and life threatening injuries – call 911 and get immediate medical advice! Homeopathic remedies will follow emergency medical treatment later.
- Acute fear of death after head injury.
- Use immediate after if the person is shaking in fear.
- Use Aconite for restimulated fears from the initial injury or trauma, even years later it is still effective.
- #1 remedy for immediate use after any trauma, especially head injury.
- Bruising accompanies the concussion.
- If the person is conscious, they will say that they are ok, when obviously they are not.
- Sleepiness, going in and out of stupor.
- If asked a question, they will answer correctly, then go back to sleep.
- Face may be hot while the rest of the body is cold.
- A person with chronic after-effects of head injury needing Arnica are often spacey and seem disconnected, almost as if they aren’t quite in their bodies.
- Childish, at times imbecilic behavior after a concussion.
- Convulsions and dizziness.
- Convulsions may soon follow a head injury.
- Chronic mental changes and headaches can persist after the injury.
- This is a major remedy for the effects of spinal contusions.
- For chronic mental dullness, slowness and confusion after head injury.
- The person seems stupefied, answering questions slowly, if at all.
- Their awareness of their mental limitations may be frightening to them.
- For the after-effects of concussions.
- Symptoms of post-traumatic brain damage are seen in cognitive thinking, concentration, memory changes, dizziness, convulsions, tinnitus.
- The personality changes – person shows irritability, confusion, and especially depression, even suicidal thoughts.
- For stupor or coma following head injury.
- Breathing tends to be rattling or snoring.
- Pupils are constricted.
- The face is bloated and flushed.
- Reflexes may be almost absent.
- Follows after Opium for concussion.