Omega-3’s Fish Oils For Athletes
Contact us for help with your sports injury.
Read about how to dose a remedy here.
Buy homeopathy at Homeopathic Remedies Online.
- Dose: 1,200 mg (2 pills) day before bed
- Recommended Brand: We recommend ProOmega by Nordic Naturals, the purest brand of supplements. Omega-3’s must be taken 4 hours from other vitamins and minerals so they are best absorbed.
- You can buy these at your local health food store or online.
Why Should Athletes Take Omega-3’s?
- Omega-3 fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and are important for cognitive brain memory and performance and behavioral function.
- Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acid. They are necessary for human health but the body can’t make them – we have to get them through food or supplementation.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut, other seafood including algae and krill, some plants and nut oils.
- Symptoms of omega-3 fatty acid deficiency include fatigue, poor memory, dry skin, heart problems, mood swings or depression and poor circulation.
- Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and may help lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer and arthritis.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory but the Omega-6’s which found in most processed foods American’s eat are pro-inflammatory. The ideal ratio would be 1:1 in the daily diet of these fatty acids, but with modern foods in our modern world, this is just not the case.
- This is why you should we supplementing daily with Omega-3 fatty acids daily, in order to bring up the anti-inflammatory functions and increase the immune system function.
- Also important is to avoid the over consumption of Omega-6 fatty acids in the diet. These are predominantly from soy and corn (and corn syrup) and are therefore also hidden in many packaged foods. The typical American diet tends to contain 14 – 25 times more Omega-6 fatty acids than Omega-3 fatty acids, which we consider to be way too high on the Omega-6 side. We are looking for balance on the Omega’s and this is why we are supplementing.
- For long term health benefits, avoid as much packaged foods and eat whole, organic foods as much as possible!